Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Home Sick

The title of my post today does not mean that I am still away and am homesick, but quite the contrary.....I am home and now sick. Sound like a frog actually. Lol. One thing I can say is that I am happy that I didn`t get sick while still on vacation, so I certainly Thank God for that. It`s not Ebola or anything serious...it`s just a cold. Throat started to feel a bit scratchy on the flight home...I knew then I was going to be in trouble. Lucky for me I had already arranged to have today off work. So, I`m chillaxin while Furman is already in Jamaica for work. Like I always say... Must be nice!  But he gets that response all the time. Lol. He says people just don't understand that work is no vacation. Uh huh!

Sniff. Sniff.

Soooo much to tell you about the most awesome vacation I`ve ever had (aside from my Weddingmoon that is)! This will take a few posts to do. And, since I am so totally without energy I will promise to return with a breakdown of our trip and share some of the many many photos we took on our stops.
Right now, I'm just trying to get better. We've got a half marathon to run this weekend in Detroit remember? Without having been able to train since our last run, I feel confident in saying that this run will be the death of me. lol. But, I'll get it done! We'll get it done!!

Cough. Cough. 

Oh. And Happy Belated Thanksgiving to my Canadian peeps. :)

We were blessed to return to an invite to share Thanksgiving dinner with our awesome friends or perhaps it's best to say our Family. Love this family! Timing was perfect because we had come home to nothing to cook and our original plans were cancelled for us. We turned out to be the surprise guests at our friends` dinner and let me tell you that we were definitely welcomed with open arms and felt the love.  And the food...The food was awesome as usual.  It was a great night of fellowship and it always amazes me how God works. Truly a reminder of how much we have to be thankful for of which there is too much to list.  At the top of the list though, I am most thankful for the grace of God. For God loving us more than we deserve. Thank you Jesus.

Achoo!!!
So, as I rest up for possible work tomorrow, (need ALL my energy for that because some things haven`t changed) I have a task of going through the many photos we've taken as well as getting myself unpacked. I'll miss my Furman but happy he is not around to catch whatever I caught because he has a busy month of travelling ahead.

I'll check in with my kids as well as my mom who hasn't been well since prior to my departure. Just something else for me to deal with in the next several weeks. Smh.

Thank you to all those who took a moment to wish Furman and I a Happy Anniversary as well as wishing me a Happy Birthday.  It certainly was that!  Now, to think about plans for next year....  Where oh where...?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...