Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Only Took 10 yrs

I mean that literally!
10yrs!!!
As I mentioned in a previous post, Delayed Progress, I found a letter I had written almost a decade ago that was trying to accomplish what finally got accomplished. Mission NOT Impossible!
Mom has a new kitchen, mold free. Mom's Prize.
I've created these cute little collages to demonstrate the changes. Woo Hoo!

Apparently the mold was even worse than we thought.

After plastering and painting they had to dig a hole back in the wall to change pipes after another leak.

Just have to move her fridge back into place!
But it's done. By golly, it's done!!
See her SMILE!

It's been an adventure that I dare not have to repeat. But, I certainly made a lot of contacts to kick up some serious fuss. I'm feeling almost like an advocate now. Ready to get some action for other tenants! lol Big big thank you's to one of my mom's friends and fellow tenants. She has been completely awesome in soo many ways in helping me help my mom.

Last evening, we started to put the finishing touches on her kitchen. We went out shopping together to stock the cupboards and get some items for the fridge. Man was shopping with my mom fun! lol Smh. Learning what she likes, and doesn't like. Watching her watch those prices! She is a good shopper. But, she was trying to shop for a couple of days, I was trying to shop for the week. Kept telling her not to worry about the final bill...that's what I was here for!! lol Yet, we could only carry so much so we will definitely have to go back. But, at least she is off to a great start. And as you might be able to notice from the photo, she couldn't wait to start cooking. A beautiful site! I was putting things away and she was preparing her dinner. lol She is definitely anxious to have a family dinner. So, we'll probably do that on Sunday after church. After all, it's long weekend! Yeah baby!!

Even though they have a few more things to do.
Overall, i'm satisfied with the job that was done. Just not happy at everything I had to go through to get it done. It's a damn shame! Really feel sorry for those who don't have people to fight for them. They could have done a better job with certain things but I won't complain. Don't like her new kitchen floor though. They used the cheapest of cheap. lol That's for sure. She will definitely have work trying to keep that clean. It's almost as if it gets dirty from just breathing on it. hahaha Wait a minute...I said I won't complain!! STOP!!

So there you have it. My follow up, for those that have been following, you know....it's a good day!



Thought I would end my post with this song that i'm just loving these days. A song my dance instructor uses for our warm up. It's addictive and gets you moving...that's for sure. And....it kinda says how i'm feeling. lol


LOVE YOU MOM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...