Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

8 Miles

Almost made it!
This weekend I reached a milestone in my training.
I almost ran a full 8 Miles!!  Woo Hoo.


I was definitely the "Little Engine That Could" on Saturday. lol Furman was working his first Saturday shift and well, I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself other than RELAX. (Something that he keeps telling me to do).

I knew in My Training Program that I had to do an 80 minute run to complete my week. So, Saturday afternoon I hit the roads.

I took a route other than I usually do. Figured that I needed different scenery to keep me motivated. (And new music, so I used Songza for part of the way) But, when I reached a point in my run where I thought I'd had enough, my tracker indicated that I had only run about 5k. Ugh! I had to keep going! So I did! I swear, I don't remember ever feeling so dehydrated. lol My lips were dry as dry could be. Man it was hot outside. (I certainly understand the reasoning behind early morning or evening runs).


Maybe not the best choice of running drink.
I had to cheat at a certain point because I couldn't take it anymore. When I say cheat, I just mean that I made a quick stop at a local convenience store I was passing so that I could buy a drink. After all, even in a race you get water stations. lol Man, did that drink ever hit the spot. Then, I convinced myself to run the opposite way from where I needed to go just so that I could add some more time and mileage to my run. Good thing I did!
If only I had paid more attention to my tracker towards the end. I would have pushed myself to keep going just to reach that 8 Mile mark. lol But hey....I got close to it. And...like I posted on Facebook....It was the farthest I've ever run.

Sore? Oh yeah, I surely was. And my eyes were stinging from the sweat that tasted like a bag of salt. Salt & Runners Now I understand why Furman used to get so salty from running so far. I mean you could literally brush the salt off his skin. I get it now!

Yup....I was damn proud of myself on Saturday!


Took a day or so to recuperate before I decided to get active again. This time, rollerblading with my husband and some friends. After watching some Victoria Day Fireworks with our friends up by the Lake on Sunday night, we made a plan to return on Monday to hang out and get some rollerblading in. The idea belonged to my friends daughter. Furman loves to rollerblade so he was definitely game. I was being the tag along. Wanted to see what I could do on rollerblades. (Hence, the protective gear. lmao) Of course, not until after she finished a school project she was working on. Don't you just hate when teachers give big projects to be completed over a long weekend? Like really! lol It got done though.

Wish I could have captured some photos of Furman. Smh. Rollerblading is not something that I really do, soooo....I had to leave my phone behind. I figured that if I took it with me that i'd fall on my ass and break it for sure. But, Furman had his camera since he is such a great skater. (Smile) So he captured a few pics of me....oh, and video. Check it out!


All in all, it was a lovely weekend - a weekend to remember.
And yay.....it's a short week.

Have an awesome week everyone!!!

Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...