Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, April 22, 2013

Moms Prize

Well, it's been several days since I've blogged. Think this is the longest I've gone without.
So, let me get you updated.

All has gone absolutely wonderful FINALLY in my war with those that be, to get what my mother deserves - A new kitchen. Above Some Heads For Mom

After Mission NOT Impossible, I received a response from the President of Housing (his assistant actually), that let me know they take my concerns seriously and will be investigating. lol They even gave me a reference number for follow up. In the meantime, I think I've won the battle without the President's help. I could be wrong, but I don't think the President had any influence in my win. Just sayin! Before receiving his response, I had already moved forward in the battle and had sent him an update on what I did, who I contacted. But then again, his letter back to me was dated two days after I sent it to him. So, who knows if he made some calls that helped. Either way, this war is almost over. Housing has thrown up the white flag. As a result, the mold that had been growing in moms kitchen had been properly remediated by Tuesday. You know I had to take some photos! This is what it looks like now while we await the installation of her new kitchen cupboards that are on order. Behind the tarp is obviously where the mold had been festering. Not anymore. Big Smile!


We are told that the new cupboards that were ordered should arrive within two weeks, which is perfectly fine. My mom doesn't cook a whole lot but that might change with a new kitchen. lol I'm looking forward to it. As you can see from the photos, they also tore up her kitchen floor. That means that with her new cupboards they will be installing new floor tiling also. Oh, and to top it off, they've supposedly thrown in an entire apartment paint job along with some other minor fixes. No lie! When it's done, we'll hang some new wall photos and get her apartment looking stellar. Exciting for mom indeed. After all, she said she wasn't moving into a new apartment but wanted hers fixed. I helped get that for her and I am soo happy. You have no clue how long I have been trying to make this happen. Many many years ago I had started this fight, but had to give up because of mom's health. This time, I had something to work with....results! Mom has been in good mental health for almost two years now. I just thank the team of people that we have been working with that have been helping mom stay on top. Of course, thank Mom for doing what she is supposed to do without as much fight as she used to. lol

Anyways, I'll save the before and after photos for when all is said and done. Now THAT will be a celebration!
                                                     

Well, now that the weekend is over it's time to get back to the grind.
And awe yes....it's Monday. For the next 5 weeks i'll be INSPIRED To Dance.
Looking forward to my class tonight and on Thursday. Not quite ready to show Furman my skills like this lady - obviously, I just started. hahahaha And when I am, I certainly wont be installing a pole in my living room. I'll let Furman do it. jk jk



I'm also still training for The Chocolate Race. Few more weeks away. My daughter hasn't been training although she promised she is going to run. lol This will be interesting. Banking on youth again? Maybe she didn't learn the first time. We'll see.

All is well with Furman and his new job. Actually, he took his co-workers cupcakes again this morning. He made a pineapple coconut - Pina Colada. Something like that. Boy oh boy, spoiled or what? lol You know they are loving him! I haven't tasted yet but I certainly got one in my lunch bag.


Oh....and Furman finally got his OHIP card this week too. Word On The Forum-OHIP It's all over!! It's official. My husband has Canadian Health Care. Now, to make him an appointment so that he can get a physical. After all, we aren't getting any younger ya know! Things are starting to creak. jk jk

Anyways....here's wishing everyone an awesome spring week. Thank God the weather is getting much warmer. Just can't wait for SUMMERTIME!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...