Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dinner & A Movie

Oh mannn.... The highlight of our weekend was definitely Saturday evenings Dinner & A Movie held at my church by our Marrieds Ministries.


After a long day at the mechanic with both of our cars and an awesome lunch at Federicks while we waited, we were quite ready for a great evening at church with our Marrieds Ministry Group.


Let me say that our group Leaders did an absolutely amazing job with the entire event. Thank you so much for having it. Definitely look forward to another. Lol. I know, I know.. Probably not till next year... But I'm just saying.

When we got to the church we congregated in the foyer to fellowship with others while the finishing touches were being done in the Fellowship Hall. It was nice to see soo many couples. Definitely more couples than we usually have at our Marrieds Group on Wednesday evenings. Overall, I think we had a total of about 50 couples.

When the doors were opened for us to enter they had quite the atmosphere set. The lighting was dim, with small candle lanterns as centerpieces for the tables. In the corners were these decorated lamp shades, and the finishing touch for the mood was the pianist with beautiful selections. It really did have that high end restaurant kind of feel. Lol Seriously! Ok ok.... Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but you know what I mean. I couldn't resist taking a few photos. I knew that this was something I definitely had to blog about.

The tables were nicely set, complete with a printed copy of the menu. My first reaction was "Well Damn!" These guys were good. Lol They thought of everything. Well almost everything. Our leader didn't have anything set up to easily collect the $10 fee that couples who had not paid in advance (like ourselves) were to pay. But like he said, he couldn't think of everything. Lol


Children of the church were our servers and an amazing job they did. It was so cute watching them swarm the room to check if plates were empty and such. They were really on their toes! When dinner came to our tables my first reaction was "Good Lord!" Lol. I'm looking at the plates because we were one of the first tables to be served. I'm sitting there thinking that somebody is clearly making a mistake and serving too much. I figured that as more plates came out that the portion sizes would be smaller. But, I was wrong. Clearly our leaders found an awesome sale on ribs. Lol They were huge. Very meaty. 5 to a plate! I know some hard work and love was put into this. Of course, Furman was there to help me finish mine. I hated to look like I wasn't enjoying what I had...but it was just soo much. lol


So, when dinner was finished and we were all ready to head into the small sanctuary where we were going to watch the movie....I was dreading the option of snacks. lol I know I didn't have to partake...but come on, I couldn't resist! lol A candy bar (like at some weddings), popcorn and beverages? Oh boy...I still had leftover candies to munch on during church service today. :)



Funny thing happened when I went to take the photo of this snack table. A lady I've never seen or met asked to speak with me quickly. Turns out, she was inviting me to join the church choir. Bahahahaha. Me! Well my husband too. Since Furman and I have usual seats in the front of the church she is able to see us singing from her spot in the choir. So, I guess she figured we would be a wonderful addition. I had to crack up....I can't sing. I told her as much. We may look good singing...but she can't hear us from where she is. Bahahaha Yeah...i'm still laughing about it. I know that Furman would never consider it. Me....well hell....if my voice could be hidden amongst all those that sound like angels I just might. Smh! Then again, maybe if I joined, God would work a miracle and have me sound like an angel too! hahaha I dunno about that one.

Anyways....our movie selection of the night....Here Comes The Boom. Check out it's trailer below.


I definitely recommend. It was a good story with lots of laughs.

Oh...and to top off the night...when the movie was finished...they had containers of leftovers on a table waiting for us to take home. Imagine that! Mind you...the ones containing the ribs...went quick speed. haha

Anyways....I'm off to finish my weekend.
Back to work tomorrow.
Oh...and let me mention that my discipleship class today was about Anxiety. Go figure! Quite the message for me, considering the week I've had. Funny how that sometimes happens.
The recommended verse for my situation: "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous hand." Isaiah 41:10 (ESV)
The pastors wife had recommended verses on a handout related to different times of anxiety we might experience and this one is mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...