Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Chocolate Race


REGISTERED!
We have a goal!


I am sooo excited.
Now that the weather will be getting warmer my mind has been on getting back into running. Setting a goal for another race so that I have something to work towards. A reason to run other than to be healthy. lol Well, I did it! In fact, we all did it. My daughter confirmed that she will run another race with me so I wasted no time in booking something. 
This is a big deal. 


She ran a race with me once about a year an a half ago - a 5k, Goodlife Fitness 5k. My chip time was 31:49. She thought that it would be a piece of cake and that her youth would help her at 15. lol Little did she know, you really gotta train for it. We told her! It helps. lol But noooo. That run was my 3rd time running a 5k. (My very first was the Toronto Women's 5k, chip time 31:53 and my second was the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront 5k, chip time 33:33 running without a partner) I was hoping to keep up with her that morning...instead, she ended up behind me somehow. I turned the u-turn section of the course and couldn't find her, looking for the fluorescent orange shirt I gave her to wear. I kept running wondering WTH? lol She wasn't too too far behind me though. She certainly learned a lesson that day. We had some laughs as I teased her. I remember asking her at what point in the race she realized it was harder than she thought? As I expected, she said it was at the u-turn section when you were able to see exactly how far you still had to go. hahahaha Like I said, you can't count on youth for everything. Some things, you have to put work into. I thought she'd never run with me again after that! Now, she's ready to do it again and The Chocolate Race couldn't be more ideal - scheduled for Mother's Day!! The perfect gift!

Furman, my daughter and I will do the 5k together. Furman's a marathon runner and i've graduated to the 10k with hopes to do my first 1/2 marathon real soon this year (maybe), but we are doing the 5k to run as a family. Oh...and it didn't take long for my partner in crime to sign on. Nope...she didn't have to think twice. Considers it a warmup for this years Spartan Sprint! (You gotta check out this video if you haven't seen it) Gotta love her! She is the one that got me going....starting with CN Tower Climbs. 1776 stairs up! Then, we were off to do our first 5k as I noted above. I can say with confidence that I would have never had a chip time of 31:53 if it wasn't for her. lol I can still remember begging her to go on without me. LMAO! But noooo......she was staying with me. Thank you girl!
With permission - my partner in crime - Catie!
This is from our last race together - Mud Hero because WE LIKE IT REAL DIRTY! lol 
And doesn't she look awesome? She is older than me and quite the inspiration. A powerhouse!

So, I will continue to try and recruit others to join us as well. You coming?
Working on my cousin and her daughter. After all, we broke her in with her first 5k doing the Starbucks Run for Women last year. We'll see how convincing I can be. lol After all, it's her birthday weekend...would be a great gift to herself along with Mother's Day. lol I'm trying!
At the same time....I'm looking ahead to other races. Time to plan, time to plan. Spring is upon us! Although we'd never know it by the weather. lol
 Ya...that's supposed to be today. But, i'm not dancing. :(

Happy 1st Day of Spring everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...