Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, February 28, 2013

PR Card has ARRIVED! - Celebration

Only took 1 month.
A month faster than I've read it would take for us to get it. Imagine that!
Guess they figured they kept us waiting long enough. lol


Question: Does he need to walk with that card in his wallet all the time? Hmmm?

The attached letter indicates he should carry it with him when traveling. You know, like a passport. It really doesn't have any information on the card other than an ID# and his photo. I think he should keep it on him like a drivers license. Just soo happy it came. Now....to wait on the OHIP card and he is done with everything he needs. Hopefully by then, things would have worked out for him and he'll be back to work with his old company. We'll see...keeping fingers crossed.

Anyways.....Furman was in the baking mood last evening.
Tomorrow is the last day at work for one of my colleagues who is changing departments and several have brought in treats. I brought in Furman's creation....Red Velvet Cheesecake!  He was planning for some time now to bake something for me to bring in for the Ladies. (His fan club in my office). lol It just worked out that I wanted to bring something in today so it gave him an excuse to make this cake.
You see....I'm not much of a cake person. So..for him to keep making cakes at home means that HE has to keep eating them. lol But today....he's got several to enjoy it. I'll have some too of course, before heading to the gym. Trying to maintain my figure! lol

I love Red Velvet and love Cheesecake.
And LOVE MY FURMAN!!

It was a task getting it to work. Only because the cake carrier kept shifting which caused the icing to rub on the sides. lol Cream cheese icing I might add. Not much rubbed off...but enough to make me cringe every time it moved.

Well...let me tell you....when it was time to put the food out....OMG!

Photo by Susanne Akerstrom
It was meant to be shared with a small circle of friends at work...but actually was shared with our entire department. Those that wanted a piece anyways. lol We were celebrating a colleagues move to another location. (Gee...that sounds bad...but is meant in a good way) We have an area at work called the TROUGH where we usually put food out for the department when having potlucks and such. After all, when you do that everyone is supposed to bring a dish to share and there are a lot of us. So...Furman's cake sat amongst about 4 others (bought and made). It was shared that my husband baked the cake (it was 1 of 2 that were homemade)...looking at it, you couldn't tell what kind it was although a few already knew. But when that cake got cut into. Boy oh boy. Reminded me of the photo above. How the birds swarm in for their share. haha It was cute.

I'm a proud wife! My hubby did good. I've got a good man....and now everybody here knows it. lol
He made great use of his time unemployed by teaching himself to cook, and bake and just make me happy. He sure does.
So, with belly full...I blog!
I worked my butt off this morning while my colleague packed up her stuff. So, I deserve the break. :)


Orders are coming in. lol Colleagues wanting Furman to make a cake for an occasion. Colleagues asking for his recipes. While on Facebook (because you know I had to share the same photo), suggestions have come in that he go ahead and take the baking course...become a Cake Boss!! I agree. But, his complaint is that I wont eat them.




Thank you Furman, on behalf of my office colleagues that got to enjoy your cake. And, for those that missed out. Bet they wont next time!. lol
After all, Furman says: "Next time i'll do chocolate!"
Gotta love him!

Happy Thursday everyone.
It's almost the weekend!!!
God Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...