Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

What an absolutely awesome weekend.
I couldn't have planned it better myself.
Oh, wait a minute.... I did. Lol

Moms 64th birthday is today so I thought we'd take advantage of the weekend to really celebrate her birthday. Do more than we could have done for her on a weeknight after work. And that we did!

My plan was to follow what I did for her last year, with a twist.
So, I picked her up mid afternoon for a hair appt I made at Spa Jewell. Almost messed things up though. Took mom for a 1pm appt only to find out that I was supposed to be there for 11am. Golly! I don't know how I messed that up. But...lucky for us, Jewell took her on. It was for moms birthday! So, she took moms hat off and BANG! Lmao. She had her work cut out for her. lol She was earning her money today!!





I had to crack up because it took only 10 minutes, if so much, for mom to mess up her new doo. She put her winter hat back on. I gave her "the look" and she laughed as she told me she had to keep her head warm. She gets cold easy. Oh well. I can't say $80 went completely down the drain because her hair is more manageable now, for a while.

So, off we went to go kill some time before heading to the nail salon. Had to, in order for my plan to come together. That killing of time cost me $45. Lmao. Mom and I went to a mall near the nail salon. Walked around a bit, and I bought a couple of sweaters. Around the time my surprise would be just about ready was when we headed to the nail salon.

Well, mom was sitting in the spa chair getting her much much much needed pedicure when her surprise arrived. That Asian lady doing the pedicure, worked for her money too! This is a place I've been going to for about 10yrs so they knew me and were pleased to pamper mom for her birthday. They did it last year too. But I clearly need to bring mom more often. Anyways, as I was saying...as mom was kicking back getting her feet rubbed, my sister walked in. Mom didn't notice her until she got closer. If only I could have captured that moment on film. PRICELESS! For the three of us to be together...meant the world to my mom. I knew it, which is why I wanted to make it happen for her birthday. I was pleased. Seeing my mom filled with joy was like celebrating my own birthday, and I got a nice manicure too.

The evening wasn't over yet.

Naturally, I had to end the day with dinner. My son recommended a place to go eat, Federicks that serves Hakka Cuisine. I couldn't do the usual buffet since last time we went for Chinese we got food poisoning, Double Dose of Sick. Lol. So, we all met at the restaurant. What I mean by all, is that my hubby and my son met up with my sisters husband to hang out a bit and joined us for a great meal and another surprise for mom. She loved it! She didn't know they were joining us. And, she hasn't seen her grandson in a while so she was extra extra happy. Another PRICELESS moment. Oh, and the food.....oh man. I gotta go back to this restaurant....it was sooo good.  Great recommendation son. We had a great time, and I think I can speak for everyone. Only wish my daughter was with us too. That was part of the plan that fell apart, she had to work.

Special Thank You to my sister, her husband, my son and my hubby for helping to make this day a great success.

So, I stole mom for the evening so she would get to see her granddaughter too. Had her sleep over my house so I could take her to church with me in the morning. But, something my sister mentioned at dinner got my wheels turning. That being said, I changed our church plans and took mom to First Baptist Church instead of the church I regularly attend. This, is the church I was raised in so it's kind of like the family church. My little cousin was performing in a Christmas Play so I was happy to bring some support. We not only surprised my sister by showing up, but we surprised my cousin and a few others that we haven't seen in a while. The play was soo cute. My little cousin had a solo and everything. (Got it on tape) And, it was so nice to see some familiar faces.

Today, I am going to finish off mom's birthday celebration by joining her to do her favorite thing - BINGO! Oh mannn....can you imagine if she won a jackpot or something, on her birthday? That would be soo awesome. lol We'll see.
I have one more surprise for mom, to commemorate her birthday weekend. Photos!

Happy Birthday Mom!!
I love you like cooked food!
sucks that the pic is a bit blurry...
what happens sometimes when you get people to snap photos for you. lol.
My mom's favorite - Al Green. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...