Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, November 2, 2012

Petition Response - What Have I Done?

OMG!  What have I done?

If only I could get a response to one of my emails from Immigration as fast.

What am I talking about?  Petition

Yesterday, I printed all the signatures and comments received from the online petition I created and added them to the paper copy of another petition that had circulated, and sent them off. Oh, but only after composing one of my famous Professional Emails. lol
Names/Location has been removed for obvious reasons.
Well, it literally took 17 minutes to get a response asking for a meeting. Oh boy! Is this a good sign? This certainly wasn't what I was expecting. I figured I would get an emailed response back saying "Thank You, we appreciate your concerns but this is what we've done". Or, "Thank You, we will look into your concerns."  Nope...got none of that. Instead, I got a "I will be happy to meet with you to go over this decision." Like what exactly does that mean? lol Do you just want to meet to give me more details of why this decision was made? Or, Can you possibly give us what we ask for and stop moving ahead on these changes?  Well, I guess I will find out soon enough. I now have a meeting set up for next week to discuss. Like I said to my husband, part of me is feeling a bit like I bit off more than I can chew. hahaha Furman says I got this! 

                                 
I think I can..I think I can....lol

When I was leaving work I ran into the Merchant who's store I am trying to save. It seems that somebody already printed and gave him a copy of my note above. lol Too funny. How did they get it? Well, after I sent the petition off I exercised the option to message all those that signed it, to give an update. That update included my above note. You know, to let them know that they didn't sign for nothing and that it was going to be given to someone. Was nice of someone to share with him. Can't believe they beat me to it. I had actually thought he had left for the day. lol

Anyways....next week i'm going to wear my executive gear and speak for many. I'll do a bit more research to help with information sharing. I'll meet with the merchant to gather more details on how this all came about. Today, someone brought to my attention the difference between the DineSafe Inspections of the Merchants Store and our Cafeteria. Oh...there is a difference. lol Slight, but a difference nonetheless. I'll just have to put that in my notes. Why am I doing this? I am damn crazy that's why. Always trying to help somebody...but this is at another level. If anything, it will certainly be a learning experience. lol 

Please say prayer of courage and wisdom, or maybe I should say guidance...to get through this challenge I will face next week.

Have an awesome weekend everyone!

And no...I still haven't heard from Immigration about anything. Our application, my email for Status Request. Nothing!


2 comments:

  1. WOW! I can't believe you actually got a response it will be interesting to see what they have to say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL..I can't believe I got a response, and so quick. I'm a petition virgin. But, i'm going to run with it and see where it takes me. I'll be shaking in my boots though. hahahaha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...