Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving


Home...just in time for Thanksgiving! I have sooo much to be thankful for. God is good.


I've said it before and I'll say it again.. It is a beautiful drive through West Virginia.
A much different return home than our previous. Immigration - No Problem

I had an awesome vacation (even though I was in bed sick for a few days) and soo happy to be reunited with my husband. He is back home with me again while we continue to wait on the processing of his Permanent Residency application. This time, he brought back his car. Farthest it's ever been driven. :) I guess we broke it in, in a way. Welcome to Canada BMW. Let's see how you handle the cold after being spoiled by the heat. Furman spent the last several weeks getting his car ready for it's travels. Taking on a lot of DIY (do it yourself) projects. So proud of him for the results he got. For example, the law requires cars here to have daytime running lights. Well, my Furman ordered a bunch of different things from eBay including Angel Eyes and installed them himself. Now, he has daytime running lights. Is my man good or is my man good? And....this is only one of the things he was messing around with on his car.


I think they look soo cool. Gotta love YouTube and whoever made the video and posted it so others would know how to do it themselves.



Anyways, the drive home was nice. He did it ALL this time. I was passenger all the way. We didn't kill each other so you know we got nothing but love for each other...lol Oh....and check this out....At one point he popped something in the CD player that took me way way back. He kept it all these years. Another sign that we were destined to be together. :) A CD I made for him the first time we dated. I couldn't believe it. As I listened, I tried to think back and wonder what was on my mind at the time? Why did I choose each song? :) But gheez...the person who made the CD was pretty good if I must say so myself. lol

Back to what I was saying...lol....we did as we did previously...stopped in Fayetteville, NC and visited some family. How could we not? Had some awesome lasagna and a good nights sleep before hitting the road again. Yes...we were on the road for our Anniversary AND my birthday...that's why we celebrated our anniversary a bit early with the cruise. Cruisin

Oh...but about halfway in our travels (Pittsburgh actually), Furman decided to surprise me with another gift.
(It was our Anniversary AND my Birthday remember?) lol Hubby decided to go all out this year.
Love him!

 Jareds must love him too! lol

I now have a set of Diamond Earrings to match my wedding ring. Woo Hoo!

   

What did I get him you might wonder? Well, since he is a runner...I got him what I think every serious runner must have....a Garmin Running Watch. Will he use it? Yep! Does he like it? Oh yeah!  I did good this year.

Crossing the Border/Immigration - Like the Jamaicans like to say, "No Problem!". Lol I wasn't that worried anyways. I had read on the Forum that Furman would need to get a new visitor record because he left Canada. But I knew that wasn't right. Whoever wrote that had just misinterpreted the line at the bottom of the visitor record  that says, "Does not guarantee re-entry". This does not mean a new VR needs to be issued. We already crossed and returned with the visitor record in July with no issues and no new VR, so we knew that wasn't true and this crossing confirmed that once again. It really is up to the discretion of the border agent on if he is going to hassle you and send you in to deal with Immigration again. If they did, we were ready anyways with the same documents we gave them last time. Really and truly, anyone waiting on their PR application needs to travel with the documents I previously indicated you needed to have.
They asked us the standard questions and reviewed Furman's visitor record. For a minute I think the guy was thinking about maybe giving us a hard time. At least that's what Furman figured from looking at the guys expression. So, Furman decided to give him a breakdown of our situation. lol Me...as soon as Furman started telling him the story i'm thinking "here we go!" Why? Because I've always learned that you just answer the questions that they ask without volunteering more information than you need to. That's always asking for trouble. However, the guy listened to Furman and then let us go. That's it...homeward bound! We were free! lol

So now...we get back into the swing of things.
Furman is home!!!

May 15, 2011

Oh....and I have a romantic dinner planned on Wednesday at the CN Tower 360 revolving Restaurant.  The place we went for dinner the night Furman proposed to me. Thought it would be a nice trip down memory lane of an awesome evening that brought us to this day.

After all, celebrating ones anniversary shouldn't just be a day...it should be at least a week! lol

Hope everyone has an awesome week.
God Bless



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...