Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, August 17, 2012

The Ex

Noooo....my blog title has nothing to do with Ex boyfriends or girlfriends. lmao  In fact, it has to do with something I talked about in my previous post Already Making Plans, the C.N.E (Canadian National Exhibition)...or as we love to call it The EX.  "Let's go to the Ex, Oh Baby!"

Here is a vintage commercial from 1982. lol


As I mentioned in my previous post, I wasn't sure if we were going to make it there this year because we are trying to get our money's worth from our Canada's Wonderland passes. (Planning visit #2 on Sunday, after church of course) Well, no sooner did I write that did my mom call with the invite to The Ex for Friday. Today, is opening day. Unfortunately for me...I have to work. Mom always forgets THAT, yet i'm always honored she thinks of me. lol Then, without a thought, I offered up Furman. hahaha I probably should have asked him first but I figured he'd probably jump at the opportunity to get out of the house and hang with family that just love him - Mom and my Aunt Bonnie. So...I suggested that mom give him a call after Bingo to ask him herself. I figured that would be a nicer touch than me passing along the message. lol How could he say no? But he had me worried for a minute. He is always playin! When he was talking to mom he was teasing her making it sound like he really didn't want to go anywhere without me. That i'm all the fun. Huh? lol Hearing mom convince him he didn't need me was cute. So, he said he'd give her an answer about his joining them the next day. Oh gheez. I felt honored and all, but then I was thinking that maybe I should have warned him about mom's call. Give him time to think about it first. lol What did he have to think about? Well...how on earth to get there and make it happen. He is such a planner. Details...Details! After all, I'll be at work. He hasn't really traveled transit by himself yet. Driving to The Ex...not a good idea! Parking...crazy and probably a bit pricy. Entrance fee to the CNE....$8 today only. Half price off for opening day..not bad!

Yesterday, mom made sure to call to find out if he was coming or not. I just love how she always remembers stuff, except that I gotta work all day every day. lol By the time she called, we had the plans all figured out though.

So, i'm stuck at work and Furman is gone to meet up with my Auntie and my mom...without me. Womp Womp! lol Wish I could hang out with them today. It would be a nice something to do. I'm sure they wont be there too too long though. While my mom can walk a marathon, my Aunt Bonnie's knees are not in the greatest of shape. She is a soldier though! Always has been. She'll be having surgery on her knees real soon and will be back in tip top shape i'm sure. They'll have a good day, and I can say that Furman got to experience The Ex. lol I was trying to tell him about it. He'll find out now. I won't feel like I need to take him this year. 

He's in great company! My Aunt and my mom are a trip. I bet they'll probably have him playing Bingo and stuff down there. lol Told him to make sure and check out the Food Building too. I know he wont be messing around with no deep fried Mars bars and stuff though. lol  Hope he takes pictures.

Then tonight, we're going to check out Creflo Dollar. I found out through a Facebook post that he will be in the city at Roy Thompson Hall on his Change Experience Conference. For those not familiar with him, he is a televangelist. Now I know that he is no Joyce Meyers or TD Jakes (my favorites),...but i'm interested in checking him out just the same.  

Thought i'd share him from YouTube. Hope you enjoy!

                                       

Love Fridays! 


Have a great weekend everyone!!
Mine will be another busy busy one!
Looking forward to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...