Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lonely Without Furman

He's gone! For a while that is.
Missing my hubby sooo much already.
His leaving was interesting to say the least. Was almost a sign he needed to just stay after a 3 hr delay. Lol. Always his luck for something to happen. One time he was sitting on a plane watching them refuel only to see the fuel pouring out of the plane from over fueling, causing an obvious delay to change planes. lol


Thank goodness the airport had free wi-fi to keep him occupied while he waited. Funny thing is, that sometimes it's difficult to find an outlet at the airport to charge your cellphone or plug in your laptop because they are often already occupied. Well, Furman is always prepared for that. lol He told me that he got a few laughs from people when he pulled out the extension cord that he travels with. Yup..That's MY Furman!  hahaha Gotta love him.

My first night at home alone. 
The house was quiet...eerily quiet.
No Furman.
My daughter wasn't around.
My son wasn't around.
They are pretty much grown and don't need/want mom anymore. It's all about their friends. lol
So...it's just me and my God. (And, the turtle in the other room).
I watched a few shows that Furman and I would normally watch together after eating whatever was leftover in the fridge. After a few hours...I couldn't take it anymore. Went to bed! lol What else was a girl to do? I swear I was in bed by 8:30pm. Couldn't fall asleep right away though. As I laid in bed I started to hear sounds that I wasn't sure should be there or not. lmao Starting feeling like a little kid afraid of the dark. Go ahead...laugh! So, I put the bedroom television on just because. Didn't drown out certain sounds though. Was my mind playing tricks on me? Had to pause the tv a few times to try and figure out what I was hearing. Never did. I usually sleep with the door closed but not last night. Oh no...left that baby open. Maybe it should have been closed. I dunno. If somebody was in the house that shouldn't be...I wanted to see them coming. lol Trust me...last night was a trip! I wasn't getting out of bed to investigate anything!! With my kids home I would have, because that would have been the protective instinct kicking in. But, home alone? No way!
Took me back to the days when I was younger and lived with my mom. I remember being a little girl laying in bed in the dark afraid of what clothes sitting on a chair looked like - a person. hahahaha I was that little girl again last night. Seriously! Had a flashlight nearby and ready to aim. Eventually, I sucked it up, turned off the tv and just fell asleep. Thank goodness. Didn't hear a thing when my son came home. Tonight will be better. lol I'm putting a plan in place. Yeah..right! I guess you can say I got used to having Furman around.

Anyways....pictures and videos are starting to come in from Mud Hero. The Mud Hero Finish (We are around 24:50 marker)

Funniest picture we found from our Mud Hero experience so far is this one. I just had to share....my expression is PRICELESS! hahaha This is exactly why we do crazy stuff like this - the memories.

And you can see Furman is always ready for the camera!!

Well, I just wanted to post how I got through my first night without Furman. lol
It's going to be a long month.

  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. -Philippians 4:6

Tonight, I'll continue my tradition of going to the movies but obviously without my hubby AND without my daughter. lol My son....well, he never goes with me so I kind of just stopped asking. But, he knows my routine. Both my kids know the routine. So, if they ever......
I got a date though, so I wont have to go alone. Yay! The same kid that joined Furman and I before. My daughters friend that has kind of adopted Furman and I as second parents. See...we can't be that bad. hahaha Such a sweety. I think we are supposed to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green. Then...i'll probably go home and go right to bed after touching base with my hubby on the phone. hahahaha

I really gotta find something to do with myself! Any suggestions? Be nice now. lol

Oh, but hey...I got back on the treadmill this morning like I said I would. I sure am Rusty! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...