Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

What's that?


Well, it's a day i've never really celebrated because I've never had a father to celebrate it for.
It is a day my children never really celebrated because they were left in similar positions as I, with nobody worthy to recognize other than me. Don't get me wrong...I'm a whole lot, and a lot better father than some. lol But, I can't hog Father's Day to myself this year.....this is Furman's First Father's Day!!

That's worth pointing out because Furman has been doing his absolute best to be a father to my children as he has none of his own. Till now that is..lol I'm sure my daughter would agree that he's been doing a great job so far. Now keep in mind....my children are pretty much grown now. My daughter will be 17 this summer and my son will be 23 just after the summer. So, being a Step-Father is quite the task for Furman. Unfortunately, with my son already being an adult there hasn't been any opportunity for bonding. After all, my son barely has time for me let alone a Step-Father. But, with my daughter, there is still an opportunity to develop closeness because she is going through an important and tough stage in life where the extra love couldn't hurt anything. That's what they are doing - getting closer. So Father's Day will be a little different this year...we will celebrate Furman! Even if it's only been 8 Months, 1 Week and 4 Days .... of him being an official Step-Father. In such a short span of time, I can tell you, he certainly deserves a wonderful Father's Day card. We'll hold off on the traditional gift of a tie..lol  He has sooo many already.

Not exactly sure what we'll do today because much of the day is taken up by my daughters baton club that has planned their year end show for family and friends. So, we couldn't do what we know Furman would love to do....Canada's Wonderland. Instead, we'll be in the gym to cheer on my daughter for the almost last time of the season. This time, possibly joined by my aunt and mom who have been waiting to see her in action. Afterwards, we'll make the best of what's left of Furman's First Father's Day. Hmmmm....can't tell you what the plan is......


For now....

On behalf of myself and OUR children, and our moms that absolutely love Furman...
HAPPY FIRST FATHER'S DAY FURMAN!!

We love you. We really do.

And Happy Father's Day to those men that are actually Father's to your children. You are a rare breed and what you do is appreciated by all. Hope you are recognized and thanked for your love and dedication to your children not only today, but every day! Just like moms of course...lol

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...