Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, May 25, 2012

Rocky Balboa - The Female Kind


My husband is feeling better after suffering from food poisoning for several days.  Double Dose of Sick
I am too of course...but he had it worse than me. While I was getting back to work, I was also getting back into my general routine and doing my workouts alone. Not much compared to what Furman would have me doing. But, I was doing something. Getting on the bike in the morning for 20 minutes for some cardio while watching Judge Judy after I completed my Ab workout from my Abs of Steel DVD.  Furmans Bootcamp - It Begins was on pause.




Furman had me outside this morning feeling like Rocky Balboa - The Female Kind. lol  
Never really watched those movies but I've certainly heard a whole lot about them.

                                        

I haven't been doing any running since my last run.  My focus is now on trying to build upper body strength so I can survive the Spartan Sprint at the end of June. That's why I've been using my bike at home and doing my Ab DVD as opposed to going into the gym at work early to hit the treadmill.  Now that Furman is involved in whipping me into shape, he's got me doing all kinds of crazy stuff.

Why did I feel like Rocky today?
I woke up before him just after 5am and put on my exercise gear.  No sooner was I ready to hit the floor to start my warm up to the Ab DVD did he come up the stairs all dressed in his exercise gear. The plan - go for a run. Ugh!  I was not expecting to run and wasn't fully in awake mode yet.  But, off we went doing a run at a slower pace than usual. When we started to run by the first park in my neighborhood, he all of a sudden instructed me to run up the small hill to touch the fence and run back. lol  Now that was a Rocky moment. Then, we kept running till we got to a second park. Up the hill we went. There, he had me doing jumping jacks (actually that might have been by the first park), lunges, squats and even showed me how to do burpees.  Now those....will be important!  For every obstacle in the Spartan Sprint that I am unable to complete I will no doubtedly have to complete a bunch of burpees to continue in the race.  Burpees!!

                      

I need to get to Love these!!  lol
This morning was a good workout though. I enjoyed it. I think Furman is being easy on me. Several weeks to go.....

TGIF!  Just found out that I have a day off at work that I need to use before the 31st. You know what that means? Long weekend baby!!  No brainer! I'm not even going to feel guilty about taking it on the Monday.  In fact, I'm aware that Monday is the American Memorial Day. Happy Memorial Day in advance to my American friends and family.  I think that considering that I am married to an American that I should have ALL American holidays off to celebrate with my hubby.  I know that's kind of pushing it but i'm just saying. lol   Long weekend...what to do, what to do.

Of course, mom always calls me to book her time. lol Looks like we'll be seeing mom again this weekend. She wants to go to dinner again....this time, her treat. Funny thing was, she invited us out to dinner last weekend her treat and then she had no money when we picked her up. lol I wasn't going to let her be out of money anyways. My plan when she does that is to let her pay for dinner when she wants to so that she feels good about doing it. Then, I slip her the money back to splurge on Bingo like she loves to do. Or, I hold onto the money because she is always asking me for money anyways. lol  So, we'll try that again this weekend - tomorrow. But, we definitely wont be going to Imperial Buffet. Oh no...not after being sick for several days. Besides, she insists on seeing me tomorrow because she has done her regular Sally Ann shopping and has picked out tons of clothing items she believes I will like. Oh boy.  Love my mom soooo much. She is always thinking of me it's crazy.  Don't think we'll be doing Bingo this time with her though. Turns out that my daughters baton club is have a Euchre tournament fundraiser that I have to attend.  I don't play Euchre. Apparently, neither does Furman. Imagine that? All I know is that it's a card game. Not interested. Don't even really know anyone other than the baton parents that play Euchre. But, because it is a mandatory fundraiser...which means that all parents have to pay for tickets whether they go or not...I will be there. So after hanging out with mom, Euchre it is. We'll have to play Bingo with her another time.

Did I mention that I am looking forward to my new found long weekend? lol What to do, what to do? Doesn't look like sleeping in will be much of an option according to Furman. Weekend does not mean rest from Bootcamp. lol  It's all good.  I'm happy that my hubby is finally back to himself. Like I said, i'm anxious to get whipped into shape.  I'll have to let you know after the weekend what we found to get ourselves into. :)  Yay!

Found this movie trailer that i'm hoping we'll find on Netflix. Looks good. I love cuddling and watching good movies with my husband. And....because my daughter is officially grounded till like "forever" (a long story), she should be around to watch some movies with us too.  Family bonding time - maybe.


Again.....Have an awesome weekend everybody!

4 comments:

  1. I came across your blog today by chance, honestly its one of the funniest blogs i have ever read. I often wonder do people actually read what they post. Your posting tell me people dont. You blab about a man and marry a man from another country yell type form the highest points that your so in love like a teenager. Honestly look at his picture lady i expect to see him on tv at gay pride. Day in and day out you scream about him how great he is how you and him are doing everything never once do i see you meantion your children. until they do something wrong. To sum it all up, you moved a man in your home, where im assuming it was just you and your children (ps the wet hair look is so 80's) and from the sounds of it you let him make deciission on your child. I can tell you think your actions in life are the law no matter what. The truth is people really hurt the ones they love becuase they can but sometimes they wont come back hope you chosed correctly Im not sure i would want my daugther marrying a man that is coming to another contry so she can make sure he is safe... to your child run run your a horrible parent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, you might want to re-read and check your grammar when you are posting something for someone to read. lol
      Glad you enjoyed my blog and it made you laugh as that is often my intent. You don't like the blog - don't read it. Simple as that. If you read the title of the blog at all you will see that the title is about bringing my husband home which means the content of the blog is about my husband and not about my children. Yes, I am in love, with my husband, with my children, with life so don't be jealous. Your day will come too. As for day in and day out...lol I don't publish a post daily and I certainly don't post what little I do of my children only when there is something wrong. Maybe you should read the entire blog because clearly you haven't. And YES, I moved a man in my home. We got married and that is what married people do which you clearly wouldn't know anything about. And I sure as hell didn't marry the first guy I met as my husband and I dated when my children were little. He does not make decisions on my children because I am their parent and i'm sure you've heard what's said about people that assume. ASS. As for my word being the law, that's funny. You don't know anything about me which means you don't know jack. But if I am disciplining my children for something they did wrong then you are right...my word IS the friggin law! They know it, and they know why. As for people hurting the ones they love because they can, trust me, i know that and I believe that to be true. So, you are right about one thing you've said. But the part about choosing correctly is funny because I haven't chosen anything without the consent of my children since you are probably referring to my husband. We are and always have been a family and we make decisions as a family. When I am parenting, we discuss the parenting as there is always a lesson in it for everyone including myself. I am not perfect and never claimed to be. As for me being a horrible parent, it's funny how you choose to judge someone you clearly don't know but you are entitled to your baseless opinion. The reality is, I've created a blog that I have allowed public for a reason. That also means that I expect and have no issues with people posting their comments even if they are nasty. You are the one that looks stupid with your lack of proper grammar and spelling Mr or Mrs Anonymous, not me. But hey...you are free to read and post because I allow it and for no other reason. I expect to make people smile occasionally or think about something they haven't thought of, or learn about the immigration process as I go through it. You don't like what i write...then bugger off!! lol But you know what, thank you and God Bless you for taking the time to read and even more time to post your garbage as that was time spent thinking of me. lol Bottom line is...you'll be back on my blog and you know it. lol So enjoy it...because that's what it's for. Jerk!

      Delete
    2. Oh...and thanks to Feedjit Live Mr or Mrs Anonymous, the feed shows that you didn't stumble upon my blog by chance today...you clearly SEARCHED FOR IT by googling Bring Furman Home....lol Like I said, i'm sure you'll be back because i'm sure you've been here before. Enjoy

      Delete
  2. Dear Anonymous,

    There is no harm for a woman to be on cloud nine like a teenager. I find it a positive experience reading this blog. It would be lovely to find love as she has.

    Did you read the post where she wrote about her daughter and hubby going for buffet dinner and bonding? I did and i went "Awww!" =)

    The gay pride remark was uncalled for. Are you going to visit my blog next and call me names??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...