Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

There Is Hope!

Well, just as I expected I'm feeling a bit crappy today.
The sweat and cold combination from the run on Sunday has left me with the beginnings of a cold. Waking up with a sore throat on Monday was the warning and I've been pretty stuffy since. So with that, and the concern over this pending Immigration mess as detailed in the previous blog Run-In with Immigration , I need all the rest I can get.  But, not too much cause I gotta get back into the gym and prepare for Another Run. Yup - I registered!  10k.  Had to after I saw some of the photos from the Toronto Yonge St 10k. lol  I need more exercise to take a few pounds off...lmao  Seriously though!  Weight Exchange remember? As long as I have another goal, i'll keep at it. So, I'm going to get better and get back into the gym. But right now....I feel like crap. I hate being sick.

Today, a dear friend of mine was able to lift my spirits and give me hope. What awesome timing.  My excitement for someone else makes me say Hallelujah. There is Hope!  I mentioned about my dear friend in my very first post. He had gotten married to his Canadian love about 9 months before me. Subsequently he got his paperwork submitted to Immigration about 3.5 months before me. So we've been hot on his trails in this quest for Permanent Residency. It's been awesome having a friend go through what I am going through literally at the same time. Taking notes.  Being able to learn from and support each other along with our spouses has been a great help at times too.  Today, was no exception.  After what happened to Furman and I on the weekend with Immigration I made sure to share my post with him so that he could avoid what we endured.  Just looking out!  He hadn't endured anything similar because his visits had not been as long as Furman's current visit. Looks like he wont have to worry about his visits much longer after all! He called me today to let me know that he has gotten good word from Immigration. Yup.....he is almost here!  Time for him to get ready to report to Canada!  I am soo excited for him and his wife. I know the waiting sucks and I can totally relate to how she feels. How they both feel. We are always told that it could take up to 2 years for this entire process to be completed. Heck...the border agent just told us that exact same thing on Saturday.  Now, my dear friend is done!  Well, just about.

So....let's review:
  • Their application was filed in October, ours end of January.   Difference of let's say....3.5 months.
  • According to him, he received an email around February that provided him with a File# and let him know that his application was being processed. An email! I wouldn't have figured that. Good to know.  (Furman, keep checking your email sweety!)  Also, I had always thought that with my being the sponsor that I would hear from Immigration also but I'm told that is not the case. Surprise, surprise. 
  • Then, he heard from Immigration again via Postal Service about a month later, around the beginning of March, that requested a little more information or confirmation of details, something like that. On that letter, he got his UCI (Universal Client Identification#).
  • Now, from the beginning of March till today.....hmmmm.......He got notice of being approved for Permanent Residency!  Almost 2 months.
So for them...that's October to April = 6 months!!!      6 Months!!!

Now, I'm to understand that the process asks for him to surrender his American Passport and he will receive a Canadian Permanent Residency card. But, he is given about 6 more months to do so. Leaves me with questions but nothing I need answered right now.  I am so excited for them!

Didn't I mention that There is Hope!!  I'm feeling a bit better about our little hiccup over Furman's visit.  I'm feeling a bit better that there just might be hope of us at least getting that email with our file# before having to return to the border with the information they are requesting.  If not, well hey....I'm having hope that our overall wait may not be as long as we are led to believe it can be. Now, I know that every case is different but still....There is Hope! The website does say that In cases of spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and/or dependent children, CIC is committed to issuing visas as quickly as possible.


If all follows suit, I can pray for Furman to receive Permanent Residency approval by......maybe JULY?

I'll keep checking the Application Processing dates every Wednesday as I've been updating. I'm sure Furman will check his email regularly too. Other than that....i'll keep praying!! I'll have others keep praying too. After all, there is much to be said about the Power of Prayer.

On that note, I thought I'd share this wonderful young talent Jotta A.singing Hallelujah.



Nothing like a wonderful praise tune to make you feel uplifted and remind you of how blessed you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...