Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, March 30, 2012

Weight Exchange

Today I finished the last day of my 8 Week Personal Running Trainer Program. Didn't have a good run but there's still time before my Toronto Yonge St 10k. I gotta start hitting the pavement, with hubby. I also need to start doing some exercises at home too. Get on that nice shiny exercise bike he bought. (I haven't used it once yet) Stop being LAZY so hubby can be happy with me. After all, the man is supposed to be training for his Toronto Goodlife Marathon on May 6th and i'm sure my lazy behind is not helping him.  But when I get home I just want to relax. lol Nope. No relaxing allowed. I was doing my runs early in the morning before my shift which was giving me the entire day to recuperate. So, getting home and exercising? I should be ready. Right?  After all, I've been doing some complaining lately about an apparent weight exchange that I've been noticing going on. Oh yeah....hubby is losing weight and becoming slim and trim while my ars is blowing up. I stepped on the scale at the gym the other day and I WAS NOT HAPPY!

This photo to the right represents my reaction with great accuracy!!

Secret (not so secret once I tell ya):  The other day I went to put on a pair of my favorite Aeropostale jeans size 5/6. I couldn't pull them damn things up. I had to double check and make sure I wasn't trying to squeeze on my daughters tiny jeans. lol Thank goodness I was in my bedroom alone at the time.  Although I still did that little look around to see if anyone saw. Talk about a punch in the gut feeling.  Once I confirmed that those were indeed MY jeans, I quickly grabbed a hanger and hung those baby's in the far corner of my closet. I sure did. lol Something to get back into.

  I'm in the middle! (At least that's MY opinion)
Haven't hit that start weight and don't plan to.

Now I know that some people are probably kissing their teeth at me right now because they know that I am nowhere close to what people would call "fat" or "obese".  But, I'm at a weight that I'M not used to and don't want to be at so I'm gonna bitch and complain. lol I can understand my hubby getting frustrated with listening to me when he sees that I am not taking action. Especially when he has been waiting to put me to boot camp.  I know what I gotta do, I did it before when I didn't even need to. I had just wanted to feel that I was perfect in my wedding dress and that was only 5 months, 3 weeks and 3 days ago! My how time flies and the body grows.  Yet,  I accomplished what I wanted to and was amazed at what I learned in the process.

                                                   
After all, look at my dress! It was a good fit when I bought it but for it to be PERFECT I would have needed it to be taken out an inch or so. My behind is kind of FULL. (As I am often reminded) So, I changed my eating habits to reduce my weight slightly and supplemented that with exercise to achieve my goals. Funny thing is...I was exercising like I had never exercised before in my life.  And, I was trying to save myself $200 in alteration costs..lol  Didn't work though. The heels I fell in love with weren't high enough so the dress needed a lift and I still ended up having it taken out an inch. But damn..after the alterations...it was perfect. It really was.  Thinking back makes me crack my ass up.  I was up at 5am every morning to do a 15 minute workout to this Abs of Steel DVD.  It helped.  I might have to get back to that.











Post wedding...here I am...complaining about putting the weight back on and then some. lol Happiness will do that to ya! I don't eat bad foods though.  When I do eat, I eat properly and not too much. I'm not a big snacker and I don't care much for fast foods.  My problem used to be that I just wasn't eating. I ate like once a day. To lose weight, I ate 5 times a day (not just anything, I followed a meal plan)...go figure! It was easy enough, just damn boring. Trying to find different ways to cook chicken breast and I was getting tired of turkey sausages although i'd never tire of sweet potatoes. I also completely cut out sugar, bread and dairy.  Now I wanna lose a bit of weight again...fit back in those jeans. Maybe I should try the BodyByVi 90 Day Challenge I keep hearing about. Naw....i'll save my money and just do what I did before, be more active and improve my diet. Make my own fruit shakes that I used to make too.

I totally give some of the blame for my weight gain to Tim Hortons though. Yup...for a while I was completely addicted to the new their Maple Cinnamon French Toast bagel. Dear God!...while writing this blog I decided to look it up and look what I found:


Nutrition summary:

Calories
350
Fat
4g
Carbs
67g
Protein
10g
There are 350 calories in a 1 bagel serving of Tim Hortons Maple Cinnamon French Toast Bagel.
Calorie breakdown: 10% fat, 78% carbs, 12% protein.


What the hell was I doing to myself?  And that's just the bagel.
For a while every time I got off the highway to turn the corner into my office I turned the other direction to grab the bagel at the next corner first. And...I topped it off with a large White Hot Chocolate. Some of my readers might remember.  When I stopped for gas I'd stop at an Esso station that had a Tim Hortons kiosk inside.  I just now looked at what that cost me. Body, please forgive me.  Friends warned me on Facebook though.  I just wasn't listening. The bagel was sooo good. lol I know better now and I am paying the price!!  
Better keep this handy:   Tim Hortons Calorie Counter

I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK!!!



Oh yeah baby!!  It's the Friday before Vacation and I am counting down the time to leave.
Got nothing special planned for next week other than hanging out with the hubby and not having to be at work. Woo Hoo! Maybe get around to see a few things in the city like the Royal Ontario Museum or something. Oh, and I have plans to have lunch with a special friend so I can introduce him to my husband finally. I am soo looking forward to that because this friend has been a blessing to me in so many ways.  Hopefully, if another good friend is feeling well, we'll get to hang out with her for a bit on Easter Weekend too. But on my list for sure...is to exercise with my husband. Yes....it's overdue. I have to join Furman's Bootcamp and let him whip me back into shape. That'll make him feel good too! Getting Sexy together! Can't wait. Just gotta kick LAZY's ass so I can get started.  Anyone got a steel toe boot? lol

Just praying the weather takes a turn in my favor. I really want to enjoy outside. So does my husband. He posted this on Facebook today and had me laughing my ass off. Had to share!!

                                      

But before I go.......get this vacation started!!


Immigration Update:
It's official.....no progress to report.
The website was updated today with March 28th update date. Up to their same tricks. They lie! Again!! lol  Anyways, there is no change to what they say they are working on. Looks like they are still stuck at January 25th's applications, or so they report.  Oh well.  I'll keep checking. We're close to having Step 1 complete. I'll keep waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Your phrase "I'm in the middle! (At least that's MY opinion)
    Haven't hit that start weight and don't plan to." made me laugh! I'm the same!

    And we use the same weather App here in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...